Wednesday 26 September 2012

Ode to My Giant Hill

Today I am going to grace you all with a poem I have written about a hill that I have to walk up every day to get to get pretty much anywhere.

Ode to My Giant Hill

Steep, steep,
Forever winding.
I climb up, 
But you have no ending.
Too high you go,
Too far to walk.
I must keep going,
This is bollock.
The squirrels are glad,
But not me.
I'm walking up this hill,
In spite of thee.

The black road goes,
On and on.
Time is passing.
Is it dawn?
Much to far,
Forever unceasing.
Will it end?
I think I'm dying.

Out of breath,
But more to go.
My legs are jelly,
I hope it won't show.
I want to cry,
It's no lie.

I see the end,
Almost there.
Dear God, thank you.
I need a chair.

Oh wait there's more,
I'll rest on the floor.

Don't wait up.

(End)

I am one day going to redo this poem as an actual Ode and try to follow the real poem restrictions.

Embrace the Odd,
Caitlin

"The world is my lobster." -Henry J. Tillman

No comments:

Post a Comment