Wednesday 10 October 2012

Reading and Listening

I recently have been reading 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte, and some of the passages are just too funny. Because of this, I have decided to post them along with other humorous things I have over heard.


' "Do you intend parting with the little ones, madam?" [talking about puppies]
"They are not mine," said the amiable hostess more repellingly than Heathcliff himself could have replied.
"Ah, your favorites are among these!" I continued, turning to an obscure cushion full of something like cats.
"A strange choice of favorites," she observed scornfully.
Unluckily, it was a heap of dead rabbits. '
-Wuthering Heights
"Don't pay for the internet here. You can't even get YouTube."
-A man on the train
"Sorry. Trains."
-One student said halfway through a lecture as they walked in late

"If I get a Master's then i can get a PhD. People will say I have an academic mind."

"You're so full of yourself, it's quite weird actually."
"I have hope..."
-An exchange between two students

"I've been living here 18 years, and I have no idea what's going on."

-An American said about living in England

"When everyone running the Government has 'posh' accents, you should worry about it."

-Same American

"Kids are flipping out all over the place in public and parents are trying to give them candy."

-Same American about another country

"Check out fire. Burn yourself once. I mean, it's not recommended, but it sends a strong message."

-Same American

"Most of what we do in America is say that we are different in the same ways."

-Same American, again (I found them full of interesting comments)
"How strange! I thought, though everybody hated and despised each other, they could not avoid loving me."
-Wuthering Heights
"Where are you all from?"
"America."
"YOLO!"
-An exchange between someone working at the Harry Potter Set and my flatmates
"Look a Christmas bird!" [Refering to a bird that was red and green]
"It the ghost of Christmas Pheasant."
-A flatmate and myself conversing

Until next time...


Embrace the Odd,
Caitlin

"Always behave like a duck - keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath." -Jacob Braude

No comments:

Post a Comment