Saturday 24 November 2012

TV Show Trials

I have begun watching an interesting show called 'American Horror Story'. I am all caught up on my main shows (New Girl, Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, etc.) and needed something to watch in my down time.

The show is interesting to say they least, and it definitely lives up to the 'horror' in it's title. i am not on the sixth episode and I am not sure if the show is getting less scary and creepy or I am just becoming acclimated to the scary parts.

I admit, I do like a bit of horror every now and then when looking for something to watch. Romantic Comedies actually upset me as to how easy the plot is to figure out. In horror and suspense movies the plot is usually more difficult to figure out, which I love. I think I also like them because of the adrenaline rush. I am quite a big baby at scary scenes, and usually cannot sleep for a few nights after watching a scary movie, but I cannot help but watch them. It's like those iced cookies at Walmart that always look delicious, but then you actually eat one and you remember that they taste horrible.

Also, if you end up watching 'American Horror Story', feel free to tell me what you think about it. There are some weird characters and some plot twists I am trying to foresee. And let me just tell you some of the weird, unimportant scenes that really stick out to me. This will either make you want to watch it, or really turn you off from it.

There is a girl who lives next door to the main (haunted) house who has down syndrome, and loves to break into the haunted house. The mother will be painting and Adeline (the girl I just mentioned) will show up out of nowhere and tell the mother that she is going to die. The daughter will be upstairs dancing to her music, when suddenly a hand grabs her, but lo! It is just Adeline being silly. There is even a scene where the family wakes up in the middle of the night to an intruder and they find out that Adeline has broken into the basement and is playing down there, just for fun. Yeah, I love hanging out in creepy basements at 2 AM also. But when the anyone talks about it, they are just like, "Oh, Adeline. She just does that. Isn't she precious?"

There is also a scene where a strange goblin-thing attacks these two girls in the basement. But instead of killing them or really hurting them at all, it just wiggles its fingers around in their faces while the lights flicker. Don't get me wrong, I would be scared to death if that happened to me, but what? This is a horror show, shouldn't it be doing something a bit more... horrible? Especially after it killed some little boys earlier in the show (it happens in about the first five minutes, don't worry).

Besides TV shows though, I have really been wanting to see 'Wreck-It Ralph'. I think it looks really cute, even though I think it got some bad reviews. I also wanted to see 'The Raven', which is about Edgar Allan Poe helping to solve a murder case (that is based off his stories), but apparently that came out in about February so I guess I missed that one.

I also saw a trailer for 'Taken 2', and I really do not understand why someone would steal Liam Neeson's daughter ever, but especially for the second time. He is clearly a bad a** so why would you mess with him? Besides even the fact that he played Aslan in Narnia and Batman's coach in the Dark Knight series, he is still awesome in the Taken series. He tracks down his kidnapped daughter all across the globe in less than 48 hours, using nothing more than a description of a tattoo and a few matches. Don't mess with that guy. One of my roommates thinks that Taken 3 is going to be about him kidnapping someone, I disagree, but that's alright.

There has also been the 'Perks of Being a Wallflower', 'Breaking Dawn Part 2', and 'Looper' out since I have been in the UK. Two out of three of those sounded interesting, but I (luckily) am not really excited about seeing any of them. This has allowed me to resist going to the cinema and spending loads of money, as well as keeping me from missing home and all of its amazing films.

Until next time...

Embrace the Odd,
Caitlin

"It never hurts to ask. Unless you ask for hurt." -Takayuki Ikkaku

No comments:

Post a Comment