Monday 5 November 2012

No Post Anyday

I know that I have discussed the mail issue with you all recent, but I feel it needs to be discussed again as new information has arisen since last we spoke on it.

First of all, it is half way through the semester and I have yet to receive the book I ordered almost two months ago. Where is it? Who knows. Lost somewhere among all the other lost letters and packages in the world. Stuck somewhere between the UK and some other country halfway around the world.

I like to imagine that the lost book and all my lost socks are in a desert somewhere. And that poor children without money are staying clothed and learning to read from my random lost items.

Although to be fair, e company I ordered the book from contacted me and said a lot of their packages were not arriving at their destinations and so they were sending me a new one to hopefully arrive soon. And last week, while I was in class, apparently the mailman came with the package and when no one answered the door, he left a small letter. The letter basically said that no one had gotten the package and that it was being sent to another mail center where I could pick it up.

This 'local' mail center turned out to be an hour walk away and with no public transportation to take me there. But luckily, you could ask for it be redelivered and even choose the day you wanted it to arrive so you could be home. I chose today since we had no plans and I had no classes, but sadly the post has disappointed me again and the mailman never came.

It was like a horrible punishment. I would hear a noise near the door and run over only to find people leaving leaflets for clubs or pizza, or to see someone walking by to get to their flat. And I would rush over time after time, meanwhile getting my hope up for the package's deliver only to have it crushed each and every time. And I could not leave the flat all day for fear the package would come and I would be out and miss it again. I even told my roommates to keep their music down so I could listen.

It was pure torture. And honestly, even though it is now 10 at night and no decent mailman would be out now, I still keep checking the door for him. I just want my package. Is that too much to ask? How can bringing a package to someone be so difficult? I just hope it comes soon.

And also, I have my laptop coming in on Friday. What if this happens again? I have made plans to sit around all Friday and wait for it, but what if the mailman decides to bring it on Saturday? I have plans for Saturday and places to be. Yeah, they might be plans to visit 'Cadbury World', a chocolate theme park, but will not be a slave to the postman. I have a life, even if it is a boring one. I'm onto you mailman, I'm onto you...

Until next time...

Embrace the Odd,
Caitlin

"College isn't the place to go for ideas." -Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment